Location: Frontenac County N 44 46.260 W 76 41.387
At 1107 Garrett Street, just east of Elizabeth Street.
This memorial consists of the beautiful Soldiers Memorial Hall and a small cenotaph in front of the building which is dedicated to all veterans who have served our country. The Royal Canadian Legion Branch 425 was first formed in this Hall in 1946. They moved to their own specific building shortly after receiving their Charter in 1949. The Soldiers Memorial Hall is still extremely active in this community, acting as not only a place of Remembrance but also as a true community centre.
The cenotaph, though simple, is still the site of annual Remembrance Day ceremonies and a reminder to the community of the sacrifices made many years ago to ensure our freedom today.
DEDICATED IN HONOUR OF
ALL VETERANS WHO SERVED IN
THE ARMED FORCES OF CANADA
1914 - 1918 1939 - 1945
THE KOREAN WAR
LEST WE FORGET
THE ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION BR. 425
THE TOWNSHIP OF OSO
NOVEMBER 11, 1987