Location: Lambton County N 42 56.881 W 81 52.797
At the corner of Nauvoo Road and Ontario Street, beside the post office.
This beautiful memorial stands proudly along the main street of town. Erected by the Royal Canadian Legion, it was originally erected to honour those lost in the First World War. No names are found on the memorial, only the major battles of the Great War along with the dates of the two World Wars, Korea and Afghanistan. Although simple in design, the cenotaph is striking and holds a place of honour in this small farming community. Behind the memorial is a nice bit of history featuring the old fire hall and the old armouries, which displays murals of scenes important in the history of the village.
OF THOSE MEN FROM
WHO MADE THE
IN HONOUR OF THOSE
WHO SERVED IN
THE GREAT WAR
1914 - 1918
1939 - 1945
1950 - 1953
2001 - 2014
"THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD, AS WE THAT ARE
LEFT GROW OLD,
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM, NOR THE YEARS
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN AND IN
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM."