Location: Middlesex County N 42 39.414 W 81 45.345
At the edge of Little Kin Park, corner of Church Street and Wellington Street.
This memorial was moved to its current location in 2001. The original location was at the Wardsville Community Centre, until that property was sold. The memorial was rebuilt here using the original plaque.
Wardsville was named after George Ward (1743-1837), a distinguished veteran of the War of 1812.
IN MEMORY OF
THE MEN OF WARDSVILLE
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
IN DEFENCE OF OUR LIBERTIES
IN THE GREAT WARS
1914 - 1918
1939 - 1945
AND IN HONOUR OF THOSE
WHO SO NOBLY SERVED
"THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE."
A TRIBUTE FROM
THE WARDSVILLE DRAMATIC SOCIETY