Friday, 2 March 2012

Long Sault

Location:  N 45° 01.954 W 074° 51.150   Found in Ault Park, home of the Lost Villages Museum and Pioneer Park.  On the south side of Highway 2, three kilometres east of the village of Long Sault.

This monument is found on the grounds of the Lost Villages Museum and pioneer park. The museum features several buildings from the nearby towns that were flooded over in the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway. The villages of Milles Roches and Moulinette are listed on the reverse side of the memorial. 
The museum site consists of ten heritage buildings, moved and restored to Ault Park from The Lost Villages and surrounding townships by the members of The Lost Villages Historical Society. Both the interiors and exteriors of the buildings have been restored, and they have been assembled in a village-like setting at Ault Park. The buildings commemorate the inundation of lands to the south of the museum complex on July 1, 1958.

Marker Text:
Front: 1914-1918
In Grateful And Undying Memory Of These Who Gave Their All
Laurence Edgar Abbott
Charles Sydney Antoine
Allan Hickey
George Lunn - Frederick Lama
Archibald Eugene McLellan
Arthur Runions
William Millross Roys


Back: Milles Roche & Moulinette
1939 - 1945

Roger Barker
Loyes Denny
R.D. Fraser
H.C. Irvine
Chas. Lauber
Lawrence O'Farrel
Clifford Shutts
John Swainson

Chas. Carpenter
Gordon Forbes
Wm. MacIntosh
Gerald Robertson

1950 - 1953

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.