Sunday, 10 August 2014
Location: Hasting County N 44 17.797 W 77 32.823
On the south side of Mill Street, just east of the main intersection.
This wonderful memorial was first commissioned in 1921, on the initiative of the Stirling Horticultural Society. It was proudly unveiled in 1927 with great fanfare, by Brig. Gen. A.E.Ross CMG, and the band of the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment, along with the citizens and dignitaries of the region.
After the Second World War, it was re-furbished and re-dedicated once again.
A beautiful gardens and mural add to the grandeur and importance of this cenotaph.
IVAN H. MARTIN
LIVETH FOR EVERMORE
LENS HILL 70