Location: Lanark County N 44.90351 W -76.02161
At the Smiths Falls Public Library, 81 Beckwith Street North.
Erected in 1920 by the Ladies' Auxiliary of the Canadian War Veterans Association, this memorial is dedicated to the veterans and nursing sisters of the First World War. The red granite stone lists the names of the local dead from the Great War. The monument can be found beside the public library, which was built in 1903 by a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. At the time, the library was a proud new addition to this growing community and the centre of activity and knowledge for generations to come.
OUR BRAVE DEAD
1914 - 1918
ERECTED BY THE
TO THE G.W.V.A.
SHALL NEVER DIE"