Monday 19 March 2012

Sutton



Location:  N 44° 17.996 W 079° 21.194  On the west side of High Street, just past the turn-off from Highway 48.  The town is also known by some as Sutton West.


ERECTED BY THE SUTTON LEGION AND MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY

IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES

1914-1918 1939-1945 KOREA

LEST WE FORGET


One of the few memorials I have seen flying the NATO flag, as well as the Canadian flag.

The Sutton Legion, Branch 356 is located a short distance away, around the corner on East Street.

This memorial has special meaning for me, as both my parents came from Sutton, and many family members were proud members of the Legion.  My father and uncles were all navy men, I changed the tradition by joining the army.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.